36 Gallon Water Storage Bag
This water storage bag, also known as a Lyster Bag, holds 36 gallons of water and has 6 faucets. Made of tough canvass, it can be used to sterilize and purify raw water. Genuine US military issue and made in the USA.
• GENUINE: US Military Issue Water Storage/Sterilization Bag
• LARGE CAPACITY: Holds 36 Gallons, Enough for a Large Group of People, with 6 Faucets
• DISINFECTS: Use with Small Amounts of Chlorine to Purify Raw Water (See Online for Specific Instructions)
• PROTECTS WATER: Designed to be Hung from a Tripod and Covered
• MULTI-USE: Great for Camping with Large Groups, Sports Activities, or any Outdoors Event
The 36 gallon capacity Lyster Bag is approximately 36 inches tall by 22 inches in diameter. The bag includes a rope for hanging, a lid/cover, and has six water faucets around the base. In use, it is hung from an improvised tripod of tent poles or locally cut material, hung away from anything that could cause potential contamination, such as a tree. The bag is then filled, and chlorine ampoules are placed into the water to sterilize it. After testing the water for potability, it can be used for filling canteens, cooking, or any purpose. Lister bags are constructed of a canvas fabric that weeps, providing some degree of evaporative cooling at the bag surface. The bags tend to lose 5 percent to 30 percent of their contents through weeping, and are not highly effective at cooling due to the low surface area to volume ratio. The Lyster Bag (NSN 4610-00-268-9890) is a component of Field Feeding Equipment, such as the Mobile Kitchen Trailer, with one or two Lister Bags supplied according to the unit size of the kitchen, issued approximately one per 100 persons.
We Also Recommend
Army Hygiene Bag
Sandpiper of California