A 3-Decade Track Record of Excellent Performance
- Made in the United States
- Includes Steel Frame
- 1 Velcro® closing pocket in the pack's top flap
- 1 inside radio compartment with cinch buckle
- External attachment points for extra gear / pouches
- Made of water-repellent 420 denier military nylon duck
- Internal straps to shorten pack if total volume not necessary
- External three large quick opening cargo pockets & three small
- Weight 9 lbs.
- Measures 20” x 14” x 6 ½”
- Capacity 25 to 35 kg load
Large- (Like New)
- Weight 11 lbs.
- Measures 22" x 20" x 19"
- 65L in. capacity.
- Capacity up to 60 kg load
This rucksack is a veteran of Army and National Guard training units. It has served ground units in the US Navy and Air Force. Initially designed and developed in the 1970's as part of the the U.S ALICE system (All-Purpose Lightweight Individual Carrying Equipment) this roomy backpack has been used by the United States military for around three decades. Its rich and varied military legacy is a testament to how effective this rucksack is. With a carrying capacity of 65L, it can easily carry enough clothing and gear for a four- or five-day camping or hiking trip.
The All-Purpose Lightweight Individual Carrying Equipment, or ALICE system, was adopted as United States Army Standard A on 17 January 1973 to replace the M-1956 Load-Carrying Equipment [LCE] and M-1967 Modernized Load-Carrying Equipment [MLCE]. ALICE gear is still in some limited use in the US Army in National guard and training units. While the USMC currently uses ALICE gear in training only, it is still in use by Navy and Air Force ground units.
Available in a brand-new medium version and a gently used (like new) large version.