Large Alice Pack (Pack Only) -Used
The ALICE pack is a classic military rucksack with a 3-decade track record of excellent performance. The pack is comfortable and durable letting you trek on for miles past what you thought was your limit.
- 1 Velcro® closing pocket in the pack's top flap 1 inside radio compartment with cinch buckle
- External attachment points for extra gear / pouches Made of water-repellent 420 denier military nylon duck
- Internal straps to shorten pack if total volume is not necessary. External three large quick opening cargo pockets & three small
- Weight 11 lbs. Measures 22" x 20" x 19" 65L in. capacity. Capacity up to 60 kg load
- Genuine Military Issue Made in the USA
This Rucksack is bare and has no straps or frame. It is in used condition and may show some signs of wear.
This rucksack is a veteran of Army and National Guard training units. It has served ground units in the US Navy and Air Force. Initially designed and developed in the 1970's as part of the U.S ALICE system (All-Purpose Lightweight Individual Carrying Equipment) this roomy backpack has been used by the United States military for around three decades. Its rich and varied military legacy is a testament to how effective this rucksack is. With a carrying capacity of 65L, it can easily carry enough clothing and gear for a four- or five-day camping or hiking trip.
The All-Purpose Lightweight Individual Carrying Equipment, or ALICE system, was adopted as United States Army Standard A on 17 January 1973 to replace the M-1956 Load-Carrying Equipment [LCE] and M-1967 Modernized Load-Carrying Equipment [MLCE]. ALICE gear is still in some limited use in the US Army in National guard and training units. While the USMC currently uses ALICE gear in training only, it is still in use by Navy and Air Force ground units.