GI US Navy Life Preserver Vest MK-1— Small
This life preserver vest was used by landing signal officers and the US Navy aircraft carriers. It is made of a fire-retardant blend of cotton and nylon twill and features reflective patches on both shoulders and back to improve visibility, plenty of room to fit tools inside its easy-access hook-and-loop pockets. In addition, it features an adjustable waist strap and a YKK buckle for comfort and adjustment.
- Constructed of a durable, fire-retardant blend of cotton and nylon twill
- Fall protection harness opening on the back
- One top pocket with Velcro closure divided to hold strobe light and whistle
- One bottom pocket with Velcro closure designed for added personal gear
- A heavy-duty zipper
- Reflective patches on both shoulders and back to improve visibility
- Adjustable waist YKK buckle for a secure fit
- Reinforced fall protection opening on the back
- NSN: 4220-01-487-2979
- Genuine US Military Issued
- Made in USA
The US Navy aircraft carriers initially used these vests; it features a fall protection harness opening on the back to accommodate most fall protection gear. The top pocket with Velcro closure was intended to hold a strobe light and whistle, and the bottom pocket was designed for added personal equipment. This vest is ideal for hunters, anglers, or anyone who enjoys the outdoors.
We Also Recommend
GI Used IFAK Pouch and Insert W/ Tourniquet, Expired H&H Bandage and Burn Dressing
I didn't understand the description of the floatation device that I purchased. I was in the market for a "Mae West" - type, WW II
floatation device worn by Navy-Marine Corps pilots. McGuire Army-Navy's service was superb as the product was in fine shape, packed well & arrived on time.