MIL-SPEC MA-1 Flight Jacket
Only the best become an icon.
- Fully reversible with rescue Indian Orange inner shell
- Water repellent military-grade Nylon Flight Satin outer shell and Nylon Flight lining with polyester batting interlining
- Includes signature zippered utility/pencil pocket and double pull tab on a heavy-duty zipper
- Features storm flap front closure, knit collar, waistband, and cuffs
- Made for use in cold weather climates (20°F and above)
- Made to mil-spec, this U.S. Air Force MA-1 Style Flight Jacket is manufactured by Valley Apparel (Official U.S. Military manufacturer; CAGE code 1SSG5)
- Made by the first factory that manufactureU.S. Military in 1959 and is today one of the largest suppliers of Mil-Spec outerwear to the U.S. Armed Forces.
- Made in the USA
The iconic U.S. Air Force MA-1 Flight Jacket is a time-tested classic that has been worn by various armed forces personnel. This ever-popular flight jacket was originally adopted by the U.S. Air Force in 1950 to shield pilots from the cold, wind, and rain.
The Valley Apparel MA-1 is made of the highest quality materials and workmanship that you would expect from a true supplier to the U.S. Military. It is a workhorse that withstands cold weather climates (20 degrees F and above) and is widely known for its reversible side, which was designed to provide high-visibility Indian Orange during emergency situations.
We Also Recommend
ECWCS Gen III Level 6, Scorpion W2 OCP Parka
Purchased this for my brother in law who is overseas. He wanted a made in USA jacket. Needless to say he was pleased! Perfect fit and great quality.
Just as warm as the Flight Jacket I was issued as an Aviation Cadet Navigator Trainee in March 1964. Now, I will use it for My American Legion Jacket with Patches.
I'm 5'4" 142# & of medium build. I ordered the large and it is a bit big on me but not so large as to look baggy, & allows for layering. It looks to be well made and has a very heavy-duty metal zipper that should last forever. I haven't worn it much yet but I would say that high teens or low 20's is about as cold as I'd be comfortable in it unless I had maybe a light hoodie underneath. It's very windproof. There's no size tag or laundering instructions on the jacket but I see that it needs to be dry cleaned, which is a minus, but I would think that the material it's made of would spot clean pretty easily. I also like the reversable orange interior. I've read reviews elsewhere stating the jacket's just like what they had in the Air Force...I was Navy so can't confirm that part. As for McGuire, this was my first order from them & I was very pleased. My order came quickly & was well packaged. I also like that McGuire includes shipping in the price...nothing aggravates me more than to pick out an item online & then fumble through the ordering just to find that the shipping is outrageous. So, all in all, I give both the jacket & McGuire 5 stars & hope to business with them again in the near future.
I had a identical jacket when I was in the Air Force aeromedical evacuation unit in the 1970’s. I loved wearing that jacket. This jacket is identical to that one and brings back many memories from almost 50 years ago. Very happy with new jacket.
I'm pleased!! Very happy!! Perfect fit and made in America 🇺🇸!! I love it!!