M-51 Fishtail Parka
• Based on the Original 1951 Army Issue Winter Parka
• Durable, Soft, Comfortable 80% Cotton / 20% Nylon
• Brass Zipper Front with Snap Storm Flap, Button Adjustable Cuffs
• Hood with Drawstring, Drawstring Waist and Bottom
• 2 Deep Front Snap Flap Pockets, Snap Up Back Flap, Button Epaulets
This parka by John Ownbey is modeled on the original 1951 M-51 U.S. Military parka. The M-51 was designed to be worn by U.S. soldiers stationed in Korea, keeping them warm during the chilly winters. The M-1951 came to be known as the "fishtail parka" because of the fishtail-looking back of the long parka, and was favored by the mod set in 1960's London.
This version by John Ownbey features a brass zipper front with a snap storm flap, button adjustable cuffs, a drawstring hood, drawstring waist and bottom two deep front snap flap pockets, button epaulets, and the signature snap up "fishtail" back flap. Made of durable, soft and comfortable 80% cotton, 20% nylon.
We Also Recommend
Acrylic Jeep Cap
Cloth Face Mask w/ Adjustable Nose Bridge— Quantity Packs
Israeli Gas Mask Filter Nato Specifications NBC for 40mm Gas Masks
Very pleased with it, I would recommend it, very nice material, the only thing would be the zipper is kind of stiff but as you wear it it slides easier besides that it's really good.